Introduction by John Vitorri
1. Cidermaking: What You Need and How to Do It
2. Making Different Cider Varieties
3. Apples for Cider
4. The Home Cider Orchard
5. Beyond Cider: Vinegars, Brandy, Tasting, and Cooking
6. Cider and the Law
Appendix: Making Your Own Equipment
How do you make great cider? All you need is an apple.
This handbook shows you how simple it is to turn fruit into nature's most refreshing drink.
* Make fresh and delicious sweet and hard ciders -- including blended and sparkling ciders
* Build your own working apple press
* Enhance your cooking with cider as an ingredient
* Choose the right apple cultivar for the flavor you want
* Plan and plant your very own home orchard for the freshest batch of cider ever!
Plus interesting bits of history and lore shed light on cider's colorful past.